Saturday, April 7, 2012

Just another summer


Today morning when I woke up, I could feel the breeze. Out of nowhere I could sense the natural cologne of damp soil. ‘Wow, the climate is so nice. This Monday morning is unusual. It is hot but comforting. It should rain,’ I made way for my thoughts. I opened my eyes and realized I have mistaken the tap of the summer on the windowpane as an unexpected cloudy weather. The summer of 2012 (the summer of so called disastrous year in the almanac) is finally here!

As planned I grabbed my car keys and drove to office, picking up my friend Shilpa on the way. We decided to take the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) as it has become our practice since last few weeks. JVLR is more comfortable than the Landmark route to reach the office. Earlier we used to take the left from the Landmark building on the Western Express Highway and Andheri Kurla Junction. Now, we avoid the huge traffic web amidst the construction work of the upcoming Metro Station.

I was driving, Shilpa got busy capturing an interesting Radio Frequency, and soon RJ Ankit made us to pay attention. He was talking about ‘today’s climate’. “Mumbai!! The climate has soared to 40°C today.” Later he was talking about the temptations of the summer. He made us imagine Yellowish-orangey, succulent, plump and the sweetest Alphonso Mangoes. I literally sliced a big matured mango in my mind’s eye and relished its each slice with closed eyes. I could smell the incomparable aroma of mangoes in my mind’s nose.


I also thought of some more temptations, or rather the saviors of the summer, and my list included ice-candies, crushed and flavored ice with orange, kala-khatta and kachchi kairi syrups, a pinch of salt and lemon juice, chilled lemonade, thirst-quenching coconut water, refreshing Lime Juice, Bubbly Coke and yummy Cold Coffee. My mind was trying to make the list long, and...


PAAA!! PAAAAWW!!! A horrible horn broke my day dream. As I came back to my senses, I quickly accelerated the vehicle looking at the signal that had turned green a moment ago. I ignored the honking co-commuters. We had crossed the Axis Bank, and soon reached the Tunga premises. Office was just 2 minutes away.

I could see the aura of summer everywhere. Apart from the burning sun, everything about the season seemed so cool. It felt as if otherwise hot-tempered summer had gulped down its usual temperament for a while. ‘Welcome Summer,’ was all I said as I parked the car and we entered the air conditioned atmosphere of the office.

Courtesy:  Images used are from the various sources on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment